Oakman Inns & Restaurants Ltd has developed a new concept of the modern public house, offering a high standard of food, drink and service within a contemporary and comfortable atmosphere.
The first Oakman Inn, The Akeman in Tring, opened in December 2007. It was an instant success and has continued to grow over the years. The second outlet, the Old Post Office in Wallingford, followed in February 2009, and in December 2009, The Red Lion in Water End became the third Oakman Inn.
Since its success, Oakman Inns & Restaurants added the Kings Arms hotel in Berkhamsted to its portfolio, which underwent a £1.25m refurbishment in late 2010. Embodying the Oakman concept of a modern public house, combining tradition with contemporary design, the former historic coaching inn benefits from a bar and restaurant, 15 boutique style bedrooms, and an elegant function room available for weddings, functions and events.
The group also acquired The Marlborough in Witney, Oxfordshire, in Summer 2010, which has recently re-opened and reverted back to its historic name, The Blue Boar. A £1.5m investment has turned the formerly tired hotel into a contemporary yet characterful restaurant and bar, with 20 en-suite bedrooms and a function room.
Oakman Inns & Restaurants is also the principal shareholder in the innovative British Larder business; a hugely popular blog and website among the culinary elite and an eponymous food pub in Suffolk. More information is available at www.britishlarder.co.uk and www.britishlardersuffolk.co.uk.
The Oakman Inns Group
- Oakman Inns & Restaurants Ltd
- 81-82 Akeman Street, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 6AF
- 01442 890844
- The Akeman
- 9 Akeman Street, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 6AA
- 01442 826027
- The Old Post Office
- St Martin’s Street, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 0AD
- 01491 836068
- The British Larder Suffolk
- Orford Road, Bromeswell, Nr Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 2PU
- 01394 460 310
- The Red Lion
- Leighton Buzzard Road, Water End, Nr Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP1 3BD
- 01442 213594
- The Kings Arms
- 147 High Street, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 3HL
- 01442 866595
- The Blue Boar
- The Blue Boar 28, Market Square, Witney, OX28 6BH
- 01993 776353
- The Beech House
- 17 Penn Road, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, HP9 2PN
- 01442 890844
- The Cook & Fillet
- Kingswood, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP18 0QJ
- 01296 770318